Homemade meatloaf is a beloved comfort food that brings back memories of family gatherings and hearty meals. In this easy-to-follow homemade meatloaf recipe, we'll show you how to create a mouthwatering dish that's sure to become a family favorite. Whether you're a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, our step-by-step instructions will guide you through the process, and we'll also share some helpful tips to make your meatloaf extra special.
Ingredients Homemade Meatloaf :
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat Your Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C). This ensures your meatloaf cooks evenly.
- Prepare the Meat Mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef and ground pork.
- Add the breadcrumbs and milk to the meat mixture and let it sit for a few minutes to allow the breadcrumbs to absorb the milk.
- Add the finely chopped onion, bell pepper, and minced garlic to the bowl.
- Crack the eggs into the mixture and add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, dried thyme, dried oregano, and paprika.
- Mix and Shape:
- Gently mix all the ingredients together. Be careful not to overmix, as this can make the meatloaf tough.
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape and place it in a baking dish.
- Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour. You can insert a meat thermometer into the center; it should read 160°F (70°C) when it's done.
- Rest and Serve:
- Once the meatloaf is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing. This helps the juices redistribute, ensuring a moist and flavorful meatloaf.
- Slice and serve your homemade meatloaf with your favorite side dishes, such as mashed potatoes and green beans.
- Customize your meatloaf by adding ingredients like diced mushrooms, shredded cheese, or diced bacon for extra flavor.
- You can top your meatloaf with additional ketchup or a brown sugar glaze for a sweet and tangy twist.
- Leftover meatloaf makes fantastic sandwiches the next day. Just slice it thin and serve on fresh bread with your favorite condiments.
making homemade meatloaf is a satisfying culinary adventure that results in a hearty and flavorful dish. Whether you're cooking for a special occasion or just craving some comfort food, this recipe is sure to hit the spot. Enjoy your homemade meatloaf, and don't forget to share it with loved ones!
Certainly, here's some nutritional information for a typical serving of homemade meatloaf:
Nutrition Facts for One Serving of Homemade Meatloaf (Approximately 4 oz/113 grams):
- Calories: 220-250 kcal
- Protein: 15-20 grams
- Fat: 14-18 grams (varies depending on the meat used)
- Carbohydrates: 8-10 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 1-2 grams
- Sugars: 2-3 grams
- Sodium: 450-550 mg
- Cholesterol: 70-85 mg
Please note that the nutritional content can vary based on factors like the type of meat (beef, pork, or a mix), the specific brand of ingredients used (bread crumbs, ketchup, etc.), and any customizations you make to the recipe. The values provided here are approximate and should serve as a general guideline.
Keep in mind that the serving size can also vary based on personal preferences and dietary needs. For a more precise nutritional breakdown, you can use a nutrition calculator or consult the packaging of the specific ingredients you use in your meatloaf recipe. Additionally, if you have dietary restrictions or health concerns, you may want to adjust the recipe to meet your specific nutritional needs.